Saturday 10 July 2010

A Bit of Type.....


I've always loved working with typography, and there are so many fantastic fonts out there for digital use, but I have always felt a bit uncomfortable using them in my work, especially if the type is one of the best parts of the image! 
So, after seeing some fantastic use of type at the D&AD New Blood exhibition, particularly letterpress printed typography, I set to creating some of my own letterpress style type that I can use freely in my own work in the future. But alas, with no press and no blocks, I had to make some of my own stamps for some sample lettering. So after much slicing and dicing, I did some sample prints (which I've posted pics of above) which turned out pretty good. Just another 20 letters to go.........

><><><><><><><><><><><><

No comments:

Post a Comment