Wednesday 30 March 2011

Editorial Final Illustrations

Earlier this week I posted a rough and one version of an editorial illustration I've been working on, for an article about beating lie detectors. The deadline was yesterday so I've posted below the two versions I had to choose from and also one of them in context (dropped into the magazine layout).
The first one is a more finished version of my original idea, showing the guy playing the wire game, and the machine being unplugged. In the second version I tried a different take on it by having the polygraph reading going through the different parts of his body that readings are taken from during a polygraph test. These were the heart and lungs for heartrate and breathing, the mouth for the spoken answers, and the brain which controls all responses. I also like the idea of the wire game so I incorporated this into the illustration, so he's literally playing 'mind games'. 
I also had a go at making the lines a bit thicker in the second version to make them more obvious, but I'm not sure which I like better. The illustration in the layout is pretty big, 26cm square, which I think can handle the smaller lines, but the bigger lines perhaps make it that much more obvious and easy to understand. Feel free to let me know what you think...







No comments:

Post a Comment