Saturday 29 October 2011

Manchester and Salford Illustrated: Exhibition

(photo borrowed from FriendsofWoodSt flickr here!)
On Thursday, the first exhibition of the work submitted for the Manchester and Salford Illustrated project was held in Manchester.I managed to go a long for a little bit and check out the work that was on display.There were 30 different professional illustrators on display, and there had been 30 prints of each piece made, that were being sold to raise money for the Wood St Mission, a Manchester based charity, and I think that prints will also be for sale on the MASI website at some point if you want to purchase one. The exhibition is on now, Mon - Fri 9.30 - 5, so go down and check it out, and maybe purchase a print!

I also heard on Wednesday that my tram submission was also selected as a runner-up for the student competition, which was cool! So I've posted a few examples of work that was on display below, along with my piece...again...

Chris Howker

Mark Mottershead
 
Alan Dalby

Chris Madden




Barney Ibbotson

and my student submission again....


No comments:

Post a Comment