Thursday 24 November 2011

Creative Review : Exhibition

Back to the first 'creative review', with an exhibition. This isn't an exhibition that I've been to, but one that I think would be really interesting to go see if I were in London. It is a Postmodernism exhibition that is currently running at the V&A on London, entitled...  
'Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970-1990'

You can check out what the exhibition is about here at the V&A website, but I'll explain why I think it would be good to go see anyway.

I'm doing my dissertation on postmodernism and the film 'Blade Runner', and when it comes to trying to form some sort of definition of what postmodernism is or refers to, the more you read; the more difficult it becomes (to me anyway!). Ideas about postmodernism span many different facets from art, film and fashion, to architecture, philosophy, sociology and psychology, but when its comes to visual postmodernism (e.g art, design and architecture) I think that being able to go to an exhibition and surround yourself with examples that are considered postmodern, I think would be really helpful in understanding it. 


The V&A explains...'Postmodernism shattered established ideas about style. It brought a radical freedom to art and design, through gestures that were often funny, sometimes confrontational and occasionally absurd. Most of all, postmodernism brought a new self-awareness about style itself.'


 From the description of the exhibiti[_m jP9Gʪ0 Boz dd*!'ve posted online I think this would be a really interesting exhibition to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment